About the Sojourner PTA
The Sojourner PTA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (tax ID # 93-0599524) devoted to supporting the parents and teachers at Sojourner School. We are a volunteer organization that strives to provide a sense of extended community and to support the school, teachers, parents and each individual child. The Sojourner PTA hopes that when each child comes to school, they have an equal opportunity to be successful learners.
The Sojourner PTA sponsors community events throughout the year and also provides volunteer support for classrooms, school-wide events and other special events throughout the school year, including:
- Back to School picnic
- Enrichment Nights
- Field Day
- Fifth Grade Graduation
When does the PTA meet?
The PTA board meets monthly, and General Membership Meetings are held three times throughout the school year, in cooperation with Sojourner Education Foundation (dates will vary year to year). Our meetings for the 2016 – 2017 school year are:
- November 17, 2016 – 6:00pm in the school cafeteria
- January 31, 2017 – 6:00pm, location TBD
- May 23, 2017 – 6:00pm, location TBD
Joining the PTA
Joining the PTA is the easiest way to become involved, and isn’t just limited to parents and teachers — friends, grandparents and other interested parties are invited to join as well! We welcome and value your presence, your voice and your talents. There are three ways to join the Sojourner PTA:
- Complete and return this form to a PTA meeting or to school (directly to the school office or through your child’s folder) with a check for $10 made payable to the Sojourner PTA.
- Complete your membership application at any PTA General Membership Meeting (see above for dates) or Enrichment Night.
- Register and submit payment electronically through the Oregon PTA website.
The Sojourner PTA welcomes anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference in the education, health and welfare of our children and recognize that our school community members have a wide range of ideas on how to support and advocate for our students and we encourage all participation. Please keep in mind, you do not have to be an official PTA member in order to attend PTA meetings or participate in PTA-sponsored community events. Membership is only required for voting. If you have questions about joining the Sojourner PTA, contact our membership coordinator.