We ask that each family try to volunteer at least 40 hours during the school year.
Whether it is volunteering in the classroom, teaching a POD, joining the Auction Committee, getting in the pool during Swim Week or helping at the Jog-A-Thon, our school needs your help to be successful. Here is a list of projects, events and activities that could use your help soon.
Looking for ways to get involved?
- Ask your student’s teacher what classroom opportunities are available.
- Consider teaching a pod. If you have questions, contact transitional teacher Momoko Wear.
- Check for ongoing volunteer opportunities here.
- Contact our volunteer coordinator.
- Ask around! Many parents in our community can offer suggestions or point you in the right direction.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Our kids see what we do. They know how involved we are in our community and our investment level in their education. Your actions speak louder than words.
- We welcome the involvement of grandparents.
- Younger siblings can tag along in many situations. Ask ahead.
- Some volunteer tasks can be done from home or on the weekends.
- Some employers offer paid time off for volunteering. Ask your employer whether this is an option, or consider applying personal time or request days off from work for special occasions at school.
- A background check is needed every three years. Download the form here.