Each year, the Sojourner Education Foundation meets with the North Clackamas School District to assess the funding needs of Sojourner, and informs the community of a suggested per-student contribution. Because we are a public magnet school, we cannot require families to contribute financially. However, we feel it is important to accurately reflect what the per-student costs are in an effort to distribute the financial burden equally and secure Sojourner a bright future. Sojourner families continue to dig deep at home, encourage support among their extended family, and reach out to the community to achieve their contribution.
The Sojourner Education Foundation raises money for special programs through:
- Amazon Smiles: When you start your Amazon purchases at smile.amazon.com, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to SEF. To get registered for the program, click here and search for “Sojourner Education Foundation.”
- Annual Auction: The annual auction is a fun community event and the primary source of program funding. This event provides highly valued items, student art, and more, in return for your contribution to Sojourner. Mark your calendar — Our 2017 Auction is on Friday, March 3rd! Buy your admission now!
- Community Sponsorships: Sojourner Education Foundation seeks community sponsorships and can give Sojourner families the tools to reach out to employers, area businesses, or make a personal business sponsorship. If you, or someone you know, is interested in becoming a Sojourner Sponsor, please complete contact us.
- Fred Meyer Rewards. If you do your grocery shopping at Fred Meyer and haven’t yet registered our school as the beneficiary of your Community Rewards, we’re missing out on some easy donations. To get started earning for Sojourner with every purchase, visit Fred Meyer’s Community Rewards site and click on “Link Your Rewards Card Now.” Simply select “Sojourner Education Foundation” and Fred Meyer will donate a percentage of every dollar your spend. For detailed instructions on how to enroll, click here.
- GoodShop.com: This online portal works with more than 5,000 stores to provide great deals while donating up to 20% of each purchase to SEF. If you enjoy shopping online, this is an incredibly easy way to make every penny you spend go farther in support of Sojourner. To get started, sign up at www.goodshop.com and select “Sojourner Education Foundation” as your cause. After you’ve registered, start your shopping at this website to earn great discounts, plus big donations for Sojourner.
- Matching Employer Contributions: Many employers have Matching Gift Programs that can double (or even triple!) your financial gift to Sojourner. Please check with your HR Department to learn whether your employer offers matching gifts. Questions? Send an email to SEF.
- Raffle: The raffle is an exciting opportunity that changes each year, and selling tickets to outside community members can help Sojourner families meet the per-student contribution and eliminate out-of-pocket expenses. Buy your raffle ticket today!
- Program Appeal: The program appeal is a great alternative for families unable to attend the Annual Auction or for those that would prefer to make a tax-deductible donation with direct funds. Can you help us meet our goals for this year? Donate now.