Frequently Asked PTA Questions
Click the questions below to see the answers to some frequently asked questions about the Sojourner PTA. If you have a question you’d like answered, send an email to the PTA.
What does the PTA do?
The PTA holds community meetings throughout the year to report and budget for upcoming events. The PTA hosts events during the year such as Back to School Picnic, Jog-A-Thon, Field Day and more.
Do I have to be a member of the PTA to participate in school activities?
No, you do not need to be a paid member of the PTA to help with events and activities.
How do I become a member of the PTA?
There are three ways to join the Sojourner PTA:
- Complete and return this form to a PTA meeting or to school (directly to the school office or through your child’s folder) with a check for $10 made payable to the Sojourner PTA.
- Complete your membership application at any PTA General Membership Meeting (see above for dates) or Enrichment Night.
- Register and submit payment electronically through the Oregon PTA website.
How are the PTA’s funds spent?
PTA funds are critical to our community events as well as purchasing items for teachers and our whole community to enjoy. Below is a list of some ways and items the PTA has been able to provide:
- Teacher Grants
- Back to School Picnic
- Enrichment Night Activities
- School Community Projects
- Field Day
- 5th Grade Celebration
When does the PTA meet?
The PTA board meets monthly, and General Membership Meetings are held three times throughout the school year, in cooperation with Sojourner Education Foundation (dates will vary year to year). Our meetings for the 2016 – 2017 school year are:
- November 17, 2016 – 6:00pm in the school cafeteria
- January 31, 2017 – 6:00pm, location TBD
- May 23, 2017 – 6:00pm, location TBD